UPDATED: March 12, 2020
As a precaution due to COVID-19, NextGen SmartyPants has enacted extra health and security protocols. The safety of children is our #1 priority above everything else we do at NextGen SmartyPants and, in light of the continued progression of coronavirus, I wanted to keep you informed of these additional safety measures that our staff implemented across all of our programs. These include all programs held at our partner schools, libraries, museums, and religious or spiritual centers, as well as at our maker studio in Canton, CT.
- All staff are required to carry with them and use hand sanitizer regularly throughout the day. All staff are required to wash their hands and wipe down surfaces with disinfection spray bottle prior to beginning their class.
- All LEGO, iPads, equipment, and associated materials are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each class.
- Any staff that exhibits symptoms of influenza is required to stay home from work. As suggested by the CDC, any coughing or sneezing for any reason are to be conducted onto the inside of the elbow.
- Shaking hands, high-fives, and touching of our faces and eyes with our hands are the most likely methods of transmission of this and other viruses. As recommended by the CDC, all staff have been asked to refrain from these behaviors.
- All staff are required to disclose airplane and other significant travel, as well as participation at concerts or other locations with large gathering of people. All staff are asked to refrain from all non-essential travel and exercise caution in crowds.
- At our studio in Canton, extra hand sanitizer, wipes, soap, paper towels, and sterile cleaning supplies have been added into inventory. Countertops, tables, chairs, and other surfaces are wiped down regularly throughout the day. Floors are mopped at the end of each day.
In our effort to implement social distancing and stem the progression of Covid-19, at this time, all classes and programs held at our partner schools, libraries, museums, spiritual centers, and fairs are postponed at least until those respective facilities decide that it is safe for them to reopen. All classes, camps, and events scheduled to be held at our maker studio in Canton are cancelled through March 27th. Birthday parties during this time are being postponed on a case-by-case basis in collaboration with the respective families.
Any in-school or in-studio class, camp, and birthday party registrations will continued to be honored, just postponed until after March 27th. If your family has an upcoming birthday party or program planned for next week, please call us to reschedule at (860) 272-4000. Registrations for all upcoming classes, camps, parties, and events, including Spring Break and Summer Camps, are continuing to be taken and expected to continue to be held as planned.
We are are actively monitoring the situation and will be adding updated information regularly on this site. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at (860) 272-4000 or email us at email@example.com.
For more information regarding Coronavirus prevention please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Please know, we take these concerns very seriously. Our staff is committed to providing your child the highest quality technology education available in a safe, enriching environment. Hopefully, with the combination of all of these precautions, the continued prevalence of COVID-19 will pass with minimal disruptions to our communities, our schools, and our children.
With best regards,
NextGen SmartyPants is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing the highest quality technology education for our youth.