Do you enjoy learning and have a passion for bringing out the best in your students? We want to hear from you!
NextGen SmartyPants provides STEAM education programs to pre-school, elementary, middle, and high-school age children. Our programs utilize themes such as Star Wars®, Super Heroes, and MineCraft® as contexts for teaching high-quality technology education in a fun and engaging way. Kids 'love' our classes and we love teaching them and helping them to prepare for a technological future. Programs include Engineering, Robotics, Coding, Circuits, Animation, Video-Game Design, 3D Printing, and more!
NextGen SmartyPants is currently hiring for teaching positions across Hartford and Litchfield Counties and certain surrounding areas. Our classes are typically held during the school year, once/week for 4-6 weeks during after-school, evenings, or weekends. Our camps are typically held during the summer and school holidays, 1-2 hours everyday for a week. Remote teaching opportunities may be available, as well. You can choose which classes and camps you would like to teach based on your schedule. We will likely keep you as busy or as not busy as you like.
• You must be able to effectively manage a classroom; enjoy teaching and inspiring children to learn; and committed to giving your students your best.
• Be on-time. We teach children; tardiness is not an option. You must possess reliable transportation, and the ability to transport classroom materials.
• Take responsibility, exhibit integrity; be committed to providing a safe and engaging environment for your students.
• Our Teachers are smart. You must enjoy teaching math and science to kids and be comfortable using computers.
• Provide Up-to-date Health Immunization records; provide professional references from previous employers; pass criminal background checks; and complete Child Abuse & Prevention Training.
• Previous experience using our technologies is not required; however, you must be willing and interested to learn. We will train you on the engineering concepts, technology, and how to deliver our lesson plans.
• Previous experience teaching STEM-based educational classes, Math, Science, Coding, or Engineering is highly preferred.
• Previous experience teaching children with Special Needs is highly preferred.
Apply today! Fill out the form below, then send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch. We look forward to speaking with you!